Why contingency search?
Since Alan Schonberg and Lou Scott of Management Recruiters International (MRI) pioneered the contingency search model in the 1960’s, it’s been the tried and true method of hiring professionals using an outside source. There have been variations to the original model, but the basics remain the same: the employer agrees to pay a fee to the firm IF the firm introduces a candidate that the employer hires. It’s a very pure, performance based business relationship, which is the reason employers have used the contingency search model since the 1960s.
We are a good choice when an employer wants to interview candidates that fit the position and are interested in leaving their current position
Why Premier Search Consultants?
There are many choices when it comes to selecting a search/recruiting firm.
- We are a good choice when the employer is looking to add a key person and wants to trust their recruiter to understand the position requirements and the company culture.
- We are a good choice when the employer wants to interview a limited number of candidates, candidates that match the requirements and are interested in leaving their current position.
Meeting with employers and seeing their facility is a great way to learn about a company
Why Northeast Ohio?
Meeting with employers and seeing their facilities are a great way to learn about a company. And that’s why we continue to work in Northeast Ohio, so that we can easily meet with employers. Plus, there are so many people in the area, both clients and candidates, that we’ve already met and that we like to work with and talk to, that the job would be far less enjoyable without them.
What should an employer expect from us when we work with them?
- Meet with the employer to discuss the position, and see the facility, and set the fee.
- Search for qualified candidates.
- Present resume of a qualified candidate, with a conversation and/or write-up to supplement the resume.
- Set up interview at both party’s convenience.-we can accommodate interviews in our office if off-site interviewing is preferred.
- Follow up with candidate, and provide the feedback to the employer
All the work up to this point is done for free.
We will make the customer happy on our long term follow up
Placed Candidates and Guarantees
If the employer does not end up hiring a candidate from us, then no money is paid. But if the employer does hire a candidate from us, then the true relationship begins. The recruiting fee (25% of the candidate’s salary) is a big investment for an employer. The employer, rightly so, expects the new hire to perform well and to remain employed with them. And we want the same thing. But if the candidate does not perform well, and is terminated shortly after joining, then what? If the candidate resigns shortly after joining, then what?
We will honor the guarantee that is established in the initial fee agreement.
We will make the customer happy with our long term follow up.
The familiar quote applies here: The true measure of a person’s character is revealed in difficult times, not in times of comfort.
What we expect from the employer
- Return phone calls promptly.
- Provide feedback on resumes in a timely matter.
- Provide prompt, specific feedback after interviews.
- Make competitive offers.
- Honor agreements.